Sept 1st, 1889 Mr. James H Croker commenced in business on his own account.

    1891 Agent for Adelaide Steamship Company Ltd.

    1914 Erected new office building in Victoria Street.

    1919 Son Raymond admitted to partnership.

    1923 Agents for Australian Co-operative Fertilisers Ltd (later A.C.F. and Shirley's).

    1924 Distributor for Texas Co. (Australia) Ltd (later Caltex then Ampol & now Caltex).

    1924 Son Arnold joined the firm. Entered motor business as Dodge, later Ford distributor erected premises in Wood Street.

    March 1927 Mr. James H Croker Died.

    1929 New motor premises erected in Wood Street (later Eagers).

    1937 Distributors for Stewards & Lloyds (Australia) Ltd.

    January 1938 Mr. AC Shepherd admitted to partnership.

    February 1940 Relinquished Adelaide Steamship Company Ltd agency.

    1943 Relinquished Ford agency and vacated motor field.

    March 1943 Mr. Raymond Crokers died.

    November 1948 Mr. Arnold Croker died.

    1954 Messrs Rae Trim and Rowan Croker admitted to partnership.

    1950/60 Electrical and Industrial Hardware Department established.

    1961 New premises in Victoria Street.

    1965 Mr. Bruce Shepherd admitted to partnership.

    1972 New Steel shed built with 5-ton crane (Wellington Street)

    Kevin Powell started as Rural and Fuel Rep.

    1974 Mr. Rae Trim died.

    1974 Mr. Bruce Shepherd became General Manager.

    1975 Mr. Col Glover admitted to partnership.

    Kevin Powell became Manager of Fuel Division.

    1976 Appointed B.H.P. distributors.

    1978 Went back into car & truck business by purchasing Bradley & Cameron (Volvo dealership).

    1980 Opened new steel premises at Paget with 2 x 10-ton cranes.

    1981 Changed from partnership to unit trust with James Croker & Sons Pty Ltd as trustee.

    1982 Bought out Golden Fleece distributor and the Fuel Division moved to McLennan Street.

    1987 Racecourse and Farleigh Mills became shareholders.

    1987 Acquired Quintrex.

    1987 Mr. Alan Shepherd died.

    1988 Acquired Agtec Rural in Bundaberg.

    1992 Acquired Agtec Fuel in Bundaberg.

    1995 Sold Agtec Fuel to Auer Petroleum.

    April 1995 Sold Rural Division to IAMA.

    June/July 1995 Steel Division was sold to Steelmark.

    Mackay Sugar relinquished interest in James Crokers & Sons.

    Cars, Trucks, Fuel & Quintrex Divisions were purchased by different companies with shareholdings remaining within the same families.

    Kevin Powell purchased shares in Crokers Fuel & Oils Pty Ltd.

    January 1996 Ampol andd Caltex companies merge.

    January 1997 Purchased the Ampol Distributor in Proserpine (Jack Hickmott).

    March 1997 Purchased the Ampol Distributor in Mackay (Midstate Fuel ).

    Sold Ilbilbie Service Station at time of purchase.

    Initial trials and sales of K-Komplex.

    March 1998 Moved to new Depot/Service Station in Connors Road, Paget.

    August 1998 Signed franchise agreement with Rural Liquid Fertilisers (K-Komplex).

     

    Sept 1st, 1889 Mr. James H Croker commenced in business on his own account.

    1891 Agent for Adelaide Steamship Company Ltd.

    1914 Erected new office building in Victoria Street.

    1919 Son Raymond admitted to partnership.

    1923 Agents for Australian Co-operative Fertilisers Ltd (later A.C.F. and Shirley's).

    1924 Distributor for Texas Co. (Australia) Ltd (later Caltex then Ampol & now Caltex).

    1924 Son Arnold joined the firm. Entered motor business as Dodge, later Ford distributor erected premises in Wood Street.

    March 1927 Mr. James H Croker Died.

    1929 New motor premises erected in Wood Street (later Eagers).

    1937 Distributors for Stewards & Lloyds (Australia) Ltd.

    January 1938 Mr. AC Shepherd admitted to partnership.

    February 1940 Relinquished Adelaide Steamship Company Ltd agency.

    1943 Relinquished Ford agency and vacated motor field.

    March 1943 Mr. Raymond Crokers died.

    November 1948 Mr. Arnold Croker died.

    1954 Messrs Rae Trim and Rowan Croker admitted to partnership.

    1950/60 Electrical and Industrial Hardware Department established.

    1961 New premises in Victoria Street.

    1965 Mr. Bruce Shepherd admitted to partnership.

    1972 New Steel shed built with 5-ton crane (Wellington Street)

    Kevin Powell started as Rural and Fuel Rep.

    1974 Mr. Rae Trim died.

    1974 Mr. Bruce Shepherd became General Manager.

    1975 Mr. Col Glover admitted to partnership.

    Kevin Powell became Manager of Fuel Division.

    1976 Appointed B.H.P. distributors.

    1978 Went back into car & truck business by purchasing Bradley & Cameron (Volvo dealership).

    1980 Opened new steel premises at Paget with 2 x 10-ton cranes.

    1981 Changed from partnership to unit trust with James Croker & Sons Pty Ltd as trustee.

    1982 Bought out Golden Fleece distributor and the Fuel Division moved to McLennan Street.

    1987 Racecourse and Farleigh Mills became shareholders.

    1987 Acquired Quintrex.

    1987 Mr. Alan Shepherd died.

    1988 Acquired Agtec Rural in Bundaberg.

    1992 Acquired Agtec Fuel in Bundaberg.

    1995 Sold Agtec Fuel to Auer Petroleum.

    April 1995 Sold Rural Division to IAMA.

    June/July 1995 Steel Division was sold to Steelmark.

    Mackay Sugar relinquished interest in James Crokers & Sons.

    Cars, Trucks, Fuel & Quintrex Divisions were purchased by different companies with shareholdings remaining within the same families.

    Kevin Powell purchased shares in Crokers Fuel & Oils Pty Ltd.

    January 1996 Ampol andd Caltex companies merge.

    January 1997 Purchased the Ampol Distributor in Proserpine (Jack Hickmott).

    March 1997 Purchased the Ampol Distributor in Mackay (Midstate Fuel ).

    Sold Ilbilbie Service Station at time of purchase.

    Initial trials and sales of K-Komplex.

    March 1998 Moved to new Depot/Service Station in Connors Road, Paget.

    August 1998 Signed franchise agreement with Rural Liquid Fertilisers (K-Komplex).

     

    © 2016 Crokers Fuel & Oils Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.